Welcome to the story of my adventures in Ecuador.

I attempt to live my life with no regrets. Studying abroad in college has always been a part of this goal. Spring semester of 2011 I will be studying abroad at Universidad San Fransisco de Quito, located near Quito, Ecuador. I will be living with a host family about a half-hour bus ride away from the campus where I will be taking classes as an international student. I am unbelievably excited for this experience. I am excited for it to completely challenge me and change me and complete me. Henry David Thoreau once said, "Our truest life is when we are in our dreams awake." I have dreamed of living in a Spanish-speaking country and living wholly outside of my comfort zone. I am ready for this adventure, and I am excited for you to share it with me.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

So I leave tomorrow.

Words cannot really accurately describe how I am feeling.

This is ridiculous in an awesome and nerve-wracking way.

My next post will be from Ecuador. No big deal or anything. ;)

-EM

5 comments:

  1. We never know how high we are
    Till we are asked to rise
    And then if we are true to plan
    Our statures touch the skies --

    The Heroism we recite
    Would be a normal thing
    Did not ourselves the Cubits warp
    For fear to be a King --

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you already, darlin.
    you are going to have such a grand adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Emmy! I hope you get to Quito safely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, I hope you had good traveling and I wish you many wonderful learning opportunities and fun adventures in Equador!
    Gwen Laarman

    ReplyDelete
  5. ¡Gracias a todos!

    Thanks everyone for your comments, they make me feel loved and special.

    :)

    ReplyDelete